Corona Virus Treatment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ricky101, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +48,878
    The Queen was tested and vaccinated, yet had to sit on her own at the funeral of her husband of 70 years only a matter of weeks ago. This very week we had a cruise ship with 900 fully vaccinated UK citizens, all tested, that could not dock in a UK port having left another UK port only days before hand and never having been in international waters. Yet the world's glitterati can descend on Cornwall without issue?

At best, it is hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +84,375
      I think they are are getting themselves in a muddle regarding restrictions. We will still be having restrictions for at least another year is my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 4
        Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
      • pete

Retired
        Ratings:
        +84,375
        Well it's looking like another 4 weeks, how many times have we heard that old story.
        The delta variant has forced them to move the goal posts, speaking of goal posts it's ok for large crowds to form at football matches.
        I'm willing to bet in 4 weeks time there will be a different variant rearing it's ugly head and then there will be the same old story of, just another 4 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 4
        • Fat Controller

Public Transport
          Ratings:
          +48,878
          The thing that beats me is that all of this is being done on the back of cases, many of those are asymptomatic which in itself is the biggest con going in my book. Even bypassing my own thoughts, taking yesterdays figures of 7319 new cases and 8 deaths (deaths with, not of, Covid so presumably they too could be asymptomatic) would suggest that cases are not translating into deaths - - so, more people are getting it and not getting seriously ill or even getting ill at all. That has to be a good thing.

I read at the end of last week that the death rate has been below average for the past 11 weeks running. What possible justification do they have now for not removing ALL restrictions?

• Agree Agree x 3
          • Like Like x 2
          • pete

Retired
            Ratings:
            +84,375
            A long time ago the statement was made that there will come a point where we will have to learn to live with it.
            I'm just wondering if that day will ever come.

And as usual the figures will rise, simply because they are doing surge testing, and testing lots of people who probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

It seems a strange set up to me where they would rather have people dying of cancer, amongst other things, than covid, its been that way for over a year now, and I'd be interested to see if the deaths by other diseases has risen in the last 18 months.

But I just wonder how reliable those figures would actually be, bearing in mind lots of those have been attributed to covid, sometimes even without a test.

• Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Fat Controller

Public Transport
              Ratings:
              +48,878
              I am sure it can be argued that the vast majority of those who have Covid on the death certificate had tested positive or were positive - but... the figures that interest me much, much more are those who had other comorbidities. How many of those were very elderly and/or in very poor health? How many of those who died were fully healthy or under a certain age?

The delays in treatments and diagnosis along with the effects of being restricted/locked down are leading to severe illness and potentially death. That is an inescapable fact, and I can cite two strong examples of that if anyone is interested.

This has to stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • hailbopp

hailbopp Gardener

Ratings:
                +650
                Absolutely agree @Fat Controller. When you discover that someone who died in a car crash had Covid given as a contributing factor to his death as he had tested positive to it weeks before makes you question if there are other motives for continuing to prohibit people’s liberty. I can also give a personal example of the detrimental effect this continuing situation is having in people with other health issues which seem to be considered irrelevant in comparison to Covid!
                My husband has cancer, luckily not a fast spreading kind. He was booked to have an operation to improve matters almost a year ago and is STILL waiting to find out when his rearranged surgery is to take place. The hospital where the operation should be taking place is a Covid designated hospital so god knows when he will ever get the rearranged appointment as the figures of Covid infections near the hospital in Dundee are on the rise again but the death figures for Scotland are very very small, ( 8 in the last 10 days and as Fat Controller mentions who knows the ages or if these people had other health issues).Is anybody going to admit to my husband that his chances of successful surgery is being diminished by the long delay? not a chance in hell.

• Like Like x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 2
                  Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
                • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                  Ratings:
                  +48,878
                  @hailbopp one of those two instances I mentioned is cancer. Cancer is one of the biggest 'losers' in all this, as far as I am concerned; only yesterday we learned of a relative who will be starting chemotherapy this week after a long delay - such a long delay that he is now in stage 4, which as we all know make that mountain even higher and harder to climb.

My own situation was due to being shielded (I am clinically extremely vulnerable) coupled with a dramatic rise in workload (16 hour days were literally a daily occurrence for around seven or eight months) that saw me attached to a computer throughout - - there is no doubt in my mind that this played a significant part in my recent (and current) health issues. Make no mistake, it could have been deadly for me, not least as I had multiple clots, not just one.

How many people have lost their business, their job, their home? How many suicides are we going to see, particularly once furlough is stopped?

• Like Like x 1
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
                    Ratings:
                    +7,618
                    I saw something on the TV - discussing the number of normally expected deaths and actual number of deaths. They showed a graph with both and there was a marked increase since the pandemic.

Looking like BoJo is going to extend for another 4 weeks - someone needs to tell him that it won't stop the virus spreading - because people will ignore him. If we continue to run and hide at every variant we will never get back to normal.

• Agree Agree x 3
                    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
                      Ratings:
                      +31,474
                      It's like normal now, and with seeing things going on Like g7 people will just carry on as they see fit

• Agree Agree x 1
                      • pete

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +84,375
                        There is a difference between the individual carrying on as normal and the lifting of restrictions, main one being business opening up to the public.
                        I've been carrying on as normally as possibly allowed since this whole lot began.

To catch up the NHS is going to need proper money, like the kind the government threw at covid, so as to open up all that spare capacity in private healthcare ,and use that to cut down the waiting lists.

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • lolimac

lolimac Total Gardener

Ratings:
                          +4,927
                          Looks like non of us are going clubbing anytime soon..That'll do for me:blue thumb:..I haven't been fannying around for the last year and a half to protect myself I've done it for those that need protecting and I shall continue to do so.For all it seems I'm not actually obsessed with this virus but just a tad of common sense which is in short piggin' supply these days may well help...The government can say this and that but I shall do what I think is right .If Bojo said "yipee doodahhh burn your masks,rub shoulders with frail elderly folk or anyone that is vunerable go for it". I'll do what I think is right.I am a tory but if BOJO told me to put my head in the oven I'd tell him where to get off.Folk should do what feels right for themselves and others.Lets just get on with it an see how we get on.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
                          • Agree Agree x 3
                          • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                            Ratings:
                            +48,878
                            200649435_10159542430425891_290194583348427816_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
                              +28,996
                              The good news is that there should be offers cheap last minute holiday accommodation suddenly becoming available, due to bookings from more than 2 households having to be cancelled as they wont be able to stay together from 21st June.

But I've had a look online can't find any :scratch:

• Like Like x 1
                              • Informative Informative x 1
                                Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
                              • pete

Retired
                                Ratings:
                                +84,375
                                PMs statement yesterday.
                                We have got to learn to live with it.

Followed by,...

that's why we are not lifting restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 2
                                • Informative Informative x 1