1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus Treatment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ricky101, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Ruth82

Ruth82 Gardener

Ratings:
    +122
    Exactly he was incharge of the rules and announced the rules to everybody (probably didn't come up with them) . If the person incharge can't decipher the rules then who can.
    Don't consider him a particully intelligent fellow, wether that's an act he puts on or he is actually that inept who knows.
    Can't stand how politicians consider them selves above the law (not just this issue).
    How anyone can consider him decent/able after all the untruths told not just this lockdown party stuff
    slight apologies for the rant xx

2. clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
    Ratings:
    +7,623
    You know - something needs to be done about these restrictions. Flu is now more than twice as dangerous as covid.

In a bad flu season - 200 to 300 people die per day - at the moment 100 people per day are dying from covid. Can someone please explain to me why we still have restrictions, because I can't work it out :scratch:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,629
    • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
      At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
      Ratings:
      +49,474
      In fairness I think the heads that need to roll are the civil servants who kept having the parties - it is those same civil servants who come up with the rules (the likes of Boris are just the mouthpiece/face for the civil service) and it will be those same civil servants that are leaking things a couple of years down the line.

It also amazes me that the very same people who were screaming for Dominic Cummings blood when he went to Barnard Castle, calling him all the liars under the sun, are now hanging onto his every word as though it were gospel -- oh, and all the while ignoring hundreds of thousands of pounds in payments made to two political parties by Chinese spies.

Cheese and wine or espionage, which is worse? {hint, if your answer is cheese and wine, you are part of the problem}

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • pete

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,629
        What are the restrictions, apart from mask wearing I dont know what they are.

And you can bet mask wearing has now become a pandemic of its own, and unlikely to disappear fast.

• CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +30,607
        Canada is being blamed for Omicron reaching China. They didn't mention if the supposed letter had a bat in it or not..:heehee: If I sent you a Christmas Card, beware of those bat droppings that were enclosed :roflol:

"As Omicron threatens to sweep China just in time for the Beijing Winter Olympics, Chinese health authorities are blaming the variant’s arrival squarely on Canada
        . After Beijing reported its first confirmed case of Omicron, officials in the city were quick to say that the patient had just received a letter from Toronto which may have been contaminated with the virus. “We do not rule out the possibility that the person was infected through contacting an object from overseas,” said Pang Xinghuo, deputy director of the Beijing Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

There’s not really any evidence of COVID-19 being able to hitch a ride aboard letter mail , which is why infectious disease experts are calling the Chinese claim “ bewildering .” The COVID-19 virus is “unlikely to persist in an active state for more than a day or two. High friction with other documents in a mailbag makes survival of even a day seem unlikely,” University of Toronto epidemiologist Colin Furness told CTV."

• Informative Informative x 2
        • Fat Controller

Public Transport
          Ratings:
          +49,474
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • pete

Retired
            Ratings:
            +85,629
            Boris never had a "The Buck Stops Here" sign on his desk I presume, more like "I've got sloping shoulders".;)

If you want to be the boss you have to take the rough with the smooth, and its now got rough, but he should take a lot of those chinless wonders with him.

It was suggested this morning that Cummings is waiting until after the report, and Boris has wriggled off the hook, before he comes out with another batch of info about what has been going on.

• Fat Controller

Public Transport
              Ratings:
              +49,474
              To some degree, I agree with you - if you want the job then have the balls to take the flack when it is coming, however our civil service has more rats than the sewer system around the Thames and a lot of this has been quite specifically engineered (Cummings and Gove are behind it and I am even convinced they are knocking each other off) with a view to destroying Boris and nothing else.

Would I sack Boris? Yes, in a bloody heartbeat, but I would also sack each and every one of those civil servants that attended any of those gatherings. No pension, no return to public service ever again. It is high time these people were held to the same standards that you or I would be out in the big bad world.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • pete

Retired
                Ratings:
                +85,629
                As with all things government, lots of back stabbing going on, media stirring the proverbial and everybody covering their own arse.

• Agree Agree x 4
                • Like Like x 1
                • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                  Ratings:
                  +49,474
                  What really beats me is that folks are getting all in a lather about the actions of folks having cheese and wine in a garden etc but are not joining the thousands of dots to realise that they've been well and truly fleeced over Covid. The ONS own data shows that it is much LESS of an issue than flu when co-morbidities are taken out of the equation. Economies are stuffed (except China who are making all the PPI and tests), people's health is shot to bits and all for something that has a death rate lower than flu.

Be it politicians or civil servants, they KNEW back then that the rules they were imposing were utter tripe and they behaved the way they wanted - - meanwhile, like the obedient little sheep we are we followed the rules.

• Like Like x 2
                  • clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
                    Ratings:
                    +7,623
                    Boris, Nic, Paul and Mark are damaging their economies with self isolation rules - and people are taking advantage of it for a paid week off. I wonder if this is helping to fuel inflation?

Talking to a cashier in Morrisons last week - she told me that so many staff were self isolating that Morrisons now needed proof that they were actually self isolating (she didn't say how they did this).

My eyebrows didn't go up when I read that more companies are now moving to paying SSP only. They can't afford to continue to pay full wages.

Prices are rocketing as it is.

Boris is making a statement later on today about easing restrictions - cynical me would say to curry favour given his boozy work parties.

Let's accept the situation and get back to living pre-pandemic I say :dbgrtmb:.

• Agree Agree x 2
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
                      Ratings:
                      +31,852
                      Lots of people when they were on the furlong thingy also got a job in the food sector, tax payer payed 80% of wages and they were working some were else, i wonder if they paid 2 lots of tax, is this also some of the £4.3 billion writen off by Goverment???

• Agree Agree x 2
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • JR

JR Chilled Gardener

Retired oil magnate
                        Ratings:
                        +2,381
                        Whatever one's political beliefs, i can't help thinking Dominic Cummings is the lowest of the low weasel.

• Agree Agree x 5
                        • Funny Funny x 2
                        • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
                          +12,320
                          its such a British thing starting from Primary school not to snitch and if you are in Prison snitches get stiches !!

• Funny Funny x 2
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Agree Agree x 1