1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Country Roads

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by redstar, Dec 14, 2017.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,605
    I have been hooked on a Netflix program called Escape to the Country , about searching for home in the UK, Wales, and Scotland. have not seen a Ireland one yet. It discusses historical stuff also during the show. Anyway, my point is I just love seeing the country sides of those areas, the counties, and the cute quaint villages, the views, the mountains, etc. Love those areas. So beautiful. Maybe one day, but now, I see there are so much to visit. And most of the homes have historic value to them, and hatched roofs, and some with beautiful gardens.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
      Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Good thread @redstar and yes it is very good for you to be able to see a lot of our quaint villages with their spectacular scenery and I like the way they get the couples to participate in tasks that seem to be dieing out now.At least it is good for you to explore more of our island from the comfort of your armchair:)

I have just started watching this programme again and love to see the villages etc in the country where people hope to find their dream home away from the hustle and bustle of city and town life.I like looking at parts of the country I haven’t yet visited and the towns I might like to go and have a look round to do a bit of shopping:biggrin: Some of the budgets are well beyond what we could afford but it is nice to look round the posh houses that money can buy and love the Welsh ones that have lots of land with them:biggrin: I love it when Jules presents it:smile:

They even came to my village one Sunday morning and filmed but the young lady of the household said that although she loved the house the fact that Corby town was eleven miles away put her off:scratch:

The only problem now I find is that the programmes are on a continuous loop so when I am trying to value the properties they are 2014-2016 valuations:biggrin:

Another good one to watch is Coast v’s Country and that is a similar programme:smile:

Once I get back on my feet I won’t be watching much telly during the day so will miss those programmes:biggrin:

• Like Like x 5
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,497
        They have that programme on quite a lot of channels here. Some of them go back ten years or more.

I find it interesting to se the large difference in price, in different parts of the country, for similar properties. It can vary by a couple of hundred thousand pounds :rolleyespink:

• Agree Agree x 1