1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Crocus and when they come out.

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Jocko, Feb 5, 2022.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,643
    Looking this morning there are a few yellow ones showing, the very small species type, the bigger flowered types seem to disappear in my garden.

2. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +21,266
    @pete I grow mainly either species or the smaller hybrid ones, the autumn flowering crocus which have larger flowers just get battered by the weather and would probably be better with more light as they are a bit shaded (note remember to move some of them this summer to see) Spring or autumn though the birds can make a mess of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,643
      I used the word Species probably incorrectly as I dont know if they are, but the smaller flowered ones tend to naturalise easier than the bigger flowered kinds, I find.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Jocko

Jocko Guided by my better half.

Retired engineer. Now Vice CEO of the garden.
        Danderhall on southern edge of Edinburgh. Zone 8a.
        Ratings:
        +6,780
        After the overnight snow, the croci have started to come through. Must be a couple of dozen or so. Just the yellow and cream. No purple ones as yet.

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1