1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cucumber Plant with no tendrils?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Billy_s, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Billy_s

Billy_s Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    We grew cucumbers last year for the first time in our little greenhouse and had a great crop. This year we’ve planted two plants from seed (Tasty King f1 hybrid). The more healthy looking specimen is beginning to produce flowers, however, unlike the other plant it has no tendrils! Anyone know what might be going on? You can see the difference in the two pictures.
    Thanks
    Billy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,725
    No 2 Looks like a courgette to me.:biggrin: Bushy rather than climbing?

3. Billy_s

Billy_s Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Oops! You are right Pete! My wife and I are chuckling at our error. Thanks for pointing this out. Take pity on us as we are new at the veg growing game!

We grew courgettes from seed too and have obviously got the labelling mixed up. The courgettes we put straight into the garden have done ok despite the weather. Thanks again.

Billy

• Like Like x 1