1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting Oriental poppies, delphiniums, and geraniums back in winter?

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Shaneoak, Nov 6, 2017.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    There's a lot of different plants that seem to have, in the last couple of years, Shane, decided to flower again out of their normal flowering season. The Season, in my opinion, are not as clear cut as they were and so are overlapping, due to Climate Warming, and confusing plants. We, in West Cheshire, haven't had any real snowfalls since '93 and frost seems to become a rarer thing. I had Gladioli flowering in October, Shrubs repeat flowering out of Season along with a lot of my Clematis, some of which have flowered continually from February up, and including now, when they should be just Spring flowering.:dunno::coffee::snorky:

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,625
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.

• Like Like x 2