Desperately in of need help choosing plants for garden border

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by DannyB, Apr 26, 2016.

1. DannyB

DannyB Gardener

Ratings:
    +42
    Hey fellow gardener's, quick update on my garden border, it's about 7weeks I think since all the plants were planted in my border and I think they are coming along nicely here's a pic.. IMAG0449.jpg IMAG0450.jpg

I'm really pleased with it thanks again for all your help! Only thing is one of my lavenders seems to be dying, I will attach a photo, I would just like to know would i be able to save it? Or am I best digging up and planting a new one? I don't know why it looks half dead all the others are perfectly fine.
    IMAG0451.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,830
      Give it a drink and if it doesn't perk up soon, its probably a goner. Dig it up and plant a new one.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • CharlieBot

CharlieBot Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,523
        Looks great! Maybe that lavender is a bit waterlogged in that spot? I plant mine with a bit of grit mixed in underneath. You could try returning it to the garden centre, they could have a guarantee where they'll replace it. I did that with a clematis this year (but cheeky but you don't ask you don't get).
        Really like the contrasting slate too. Nice work!

• DannyB

DannyB Gardener

Ratings:
        +42
        I gave it half a watering can on Tuesday and another half last night so if still no better by Monday then I will dig up and replace.

Hmm maybe but I can't see just that spot being a waterlogged problem really, as the neighbouring plants are Ok?

Worse comes to worse I will just buy another one and plant it.

Yeah I really like the look the slate has given, I was a bit dubious as I was laying it but once complete I was more than Happy with the end result

• Oldtyke

Oldtyke Gardener

Ratings:
        +194
        Just be aware with Lady's Mantle, that if you let it, it will seed everywhere! I have only ever bought one plant!

• Agree Agree x 1