1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Disabilities we all have one or more.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by landimad, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Excellent appraisal. Thank you, It is how I live my life too. Sorry re DWP; I had run ins with them decades ago and heaved a great sigh of relief when my pension birthday arrived. I was a highly trained classical ballet dancer . Now I dance in my heart; life is so precious.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • jimcubs

jimcubs Gardener

Ratings:
      +598
      My original health problem was to have a disc removed from my spinal column, it didn’t go well and I still suffer to this day

• Useful Useful x 1
      • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +49,618
        Most times at work or at home, you may be hard pressed to know the issues I have - indeed, I am a stubborn old cuss and still keep trying to do stuff and either then find I cannot do it, or manage it just about and then knacker myself for a couple of days. Fatigue is a huge issue, but that is one that nobody can actually 'see', nor can they 'see' the nerve pain in my thighs, left hand or left arm - - sure, drugs control that reasonably well, but things are nowhere near being normal or the way I was.

At work, I seem to have one extreme or another - either disabilities completely forgotten (at which point I usually continue to press on until I reach breaking point) or extreme over-caution and restriction. My colleagues are pretty good at keeping a general eye out for me or helping me, and thankfully aren't shy about doing so, nor are they shy about extracting the urine about it either, but then I do exactly the same (and I wouldn't have it any other way, as humour is the only way I can deal with things really)

• Like Like x 3
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,496
          :thumbsup: :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 1
          • Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
            Ratings:
            +1,218
            I remember a discussion about disability years ago when we decided it was not Disability but differing kinds of ability.

And reading posts here and in my own experience, many of us develop stronger characters as we learn how precious life is even or maybe because of disabilities.

• Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1