1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone grow adenium obesum

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by averil, Sep 22, 2012.

1. averil

averil Gardener

semi-retired
    Ratings:
    +44
    Its just me again!!! :snork:. Ive grown some adeniums from seed this year and they are doing very well. I usually get advice from an american site where there are a lot of growers, however ...... Im trying to get advice on feeding, and they use all sorts of odd stuff and im having difficulties making sense of it all. I have had a couple that have deformed leaves growing and I think it may be a feeding problem. Can anyone offer me any advice on what I show be feeding them. They are only 4 months old so I have to be careful. I have been using miracle grow npk 6-3-6 at a rate of 1 spoonful to 2 galls, but I dont know if this is correct or not
    I would appreciate any advice, many thanks

2. averil

averil Gardener

semi-retired
    Ratings:
    +44
    ....... I've just found some food called formulex and I think that will be the right thing to use at the mo

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,069
    I've grown some from seed also.
    I find ordinary tomato feed is good enough.

But, there will always be those that like to turn feeding a plant into some kind of chemistry lesson, when most plants just aint that fussy.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • averil

averil Gardener

semi-retired
      Ratings:
      +44
      Hi Pete, yes I was saying the other day you need a chemistry degree with this feeding malarky. I just get into a heckuva fluff with it all. Now its interesting that you use good old tomato feed. Loads of plants seem to thrive on it eh?. Being as theyre only 4 months old what sort of ratio feed/water would you advise. Thanks again Pete :)

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,069
      Well I'd be very careful, over feeding at this time of the year would not be good.

So, I would say, tail off on the feeding right now until next spring.
      What winter temperatures are you planning for?

• Like Like x 1
      • averil

averil Gardener

semi-retired
        Ratings:
        +44
        Ive brought them indoors from the greenhouse and put them in a south facing window . I know they wont go dormant because they are so young. I shall take your advice and not feed till spring and water sparingly. Many thanks again for your advice Pete, I really appreciate it :ThankYou:

• Sirius

Sirius Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,225
        Averil,

I feed all my succulents with a half strength solution of Chempack 3. Not use if it is still available, but the chemical forumla is 3-3-3, so any multi-purpose product would be ok. Sometimes (ie if I remember) towards the end of the season I use tomoto feed to try and harden then up for the winter.
        Keep at a minumum of 7*C and don't water from the end of this month to mid-March.

• Like Like x 1