1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreadful Neighbour Problems Involving Your Garden

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by weedaway, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    IMHO There appears to be more to this matter than meets the eye. In principle it seems you are the guilty party. How or why your legal team seem to appear without any say?

As it stands. You appear to be, being deprived of your human rights.

• Agree Agree x 3
      Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
      +7,684
      Agree, a difficult situation to judge from one side of the story whilst looking at very alarming pics of an obviously disturbed person climbing over the fence.

Bring in the professionals, let a solicitor deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Purple Streaks

Purple Streaks Gardener

Ratings:
        +720
        Mike Allen can you suggest an insurance company who would take the side of weedaway?
        but by everything that has been said it seems the only alternative left is to have a deep hole dug at where he climbs over to drop into.(you know the sort of hole for a this deep fish pond you've never quite got finished ! )
        or to see a solicitor / CAB.

It's wrong for these offending people to get away with what they are doing.
        Maybe you could get the other neighbours to support you in what is happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
          Ratings:
          +10,976
          Hi @weedaway

i totally empathise with you. I have a similar situation with nightmare neighbours and the police have been absolutely useless. I have had a local councillor on my side but he cant really do anything else.
          Regarding cctv, you have total rights to record onyour own property. We have 2 cctv systems thank goodness! How about one called "blink" which is made by amazon I think. Really cheap (compared to the full on cctv systems) and it has been fantastic for us.

the whole situation here really got me down to the point I wouldn't go into my garden and was extremely depressed. I've had private 1-2-1 counselling which has worked wonders.

I honestly think the best thing to do is ignore them. I know it sounds awful and a simple thing to say and extremely dofficult to do, but it does work. Dont react. They soon get bored. They clearly have sanity issues. Get a higher fence put up at the rear of your garden And put some barbed wire etc just inside on your side-this is totally legal if it is in your property.

they do it for a reaction-dont give them what they want.

have you had any verbal incidents with them which triggered it? How did it all start?

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • JR

JR Chilled Gardener

Retired oil magnate
            Ratings:
            +2,381
            We had a murder in Penn woods, Glos, near where i live some years ago..(Tony Aliss)
            A neighbour dispute over a boundary issue.
            One neighbour was shot dead and the other neighbour got away with it.
            How that could happen in the UK baffles me, but it's there to see on a google search.
            Escalation was evident and i think snorky is right.
            Let the idiots next door live in their obsessed hate filled lives, but conduct your own in a personal karma and don't react to any of their horrid abuse.
            They've got nothing better to do evidently.
            Somehow I'd have to sell up, and taking a below market price would be worth every penny to one day have the peace and tranquility of an untarnished home and garden.

• Agree Agree x 3
              Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
            • Mike Allen

Ratings:
              +6,097
              According to Weedaway, she already has a solicitor and a barrister. Forgive the expression but, from what she tells us, they are crap.

• Mike Allen

Ratings:
              +6,097
              That's it. Don't give them what they want. So why should anyone who is, for whatever reason, valid or not. Whilst being the victim, as in this case. Why should the victim in all sorts of ways, be forced or subjected to the expense etc of errecting taller fences etc. This could lead to counter arguments. 'Neandathal neighbour claims. That high fence is blocking out the light etc.

• Mike Allen

Ratings:
              +6,097
              Hi Purple Streaks. Sorry. I doubt very much if any such insurance company exists.

• Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
              Ratings:
              +10,976
              Hi Mike,
              If you have legal cover in your home insurance you are usually covered for help in this situation, however, they will find every way possible not to pay out on it. Weve had experience of it! However, they should be able to give you legal advice on the situation (which is very different to them agreeing to pay for the cost of a civil Court case).

in my case, I'm just ignoring the pathetic turds and hoping that they'll get hit by a bus some day soon. My time is better spent focussing on myself and making sure i enjoy my own time despite them.

• Like Like x 1
              • Mike Allen

Ratings:
                +6,097
                May I in some way attempt to bring some kind of closure to this situation. There can be no doubt that this whole matter is a very serious nightmare.

OK perhaps in the past. This crank might well have taken a bashing, either from the victim, or his/hers friends....Instant justice. Please bare with me. OK. I have had experience in law. Having been a solicitors clerk. Then experience in being a police officer. Both organisations have great powers. Yes. Both can be a bent as a paperclip. Regarding police response. YES this has dwindled over the years. WHY? The police, police by public consent. Here it becomes political. HM GOV. do at times listen to the populus. So a mix-mash of new laws take over.

Look. Lets be honest. Solicitors and barristers are trained in decieving. They will dance to the highest bidder.

Local concillors want your support so as to trade in local government. So make use of them. No go. then bring in your MP. Now we are all so familiar with MP's etc. So as Alice may have observed through the looking glass. This system has become so corruct that it doesn't know the way out.

Alas. All is not lost. That wonderful.....media. The press. So our dear friend has said, that film etc has been banned. By whom and why, and why no opposition. Now the papers. The headlines. Elderly woman Denied lawfull assistance. SORRY WHOEVER. The cat is now out of the bag. So local councils may be blushing. Even the legal bods. Now MP's are mentioned. Het PM. Time the top lawman intervened and even the Home Sec. Come on. GO FOR IT.

• Mike Allen

Ratings:
                +6,097
                My referral to that section of insurance policies. Simply directed folks to make use of it, so as to gain legal advice to whatever problem.

• Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
                Ratings:
                +31,952
                We to went for the not react way and don't bite and even sometimes we would walk by and say "morning how are you nice day" :biggrin: but you don't mean it :dbgrtmb: it sometimes takes the wind out of they sail's, we even meat the person in a narrow lane he wasn't going to back back, so we did and we didn't stop at first pull-in we keeped going backward for about a mile and sometimes as i'm very very bad at going backward it took a long time to find a good passing place :whistle:;) it really pee-ed the person off :biggrin:

Bear in mind that this also can make them worse

• Like Like x 3
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
                • alana

alana Super Gardener

Head Gardener
                  Ratings:
                  +2,618
                  We haven't spoken to our neighbour for two years due to boundary issues but we'll have to break the silence soon because we're having new fences put up and they'll need to do some clearance on their side to accommodate them.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • JR

JR Chilled Gardener

Retired oil magnate
                    Ratings:
                    +2,381
                    It's amazing just how many bitter and twisted nutters are out there!
                    They waste away their lives casting out their own misery.
                    They just can't see how pathetic they are.

• Agree Agree x 4
                    • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
                      Ratings:
                      +10,976
                      Good luck @alana , hope things go smoothly.

it's very difficult to just ignore as it almost becomes like an obsession with them-you are constantly looking out of the window and worrying "what next?!" I absolute hate injustice and bullies and it feels like you are giving into it, but deep down I think you are not giving in, you are are above them! Rise above them and do things to distract yourself from them. Find a new hobby, or study something or go out for walks etc. Its very hard to do but it's all you can do really.
                      I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but can you rent out your house and find somewhere else for you to live to get some respite? I'm lucky i have another little bungalow up north and thank god I have been able to use that to have a break. The weight off the shoulders when u finally relax is amazing.

my oldest friend from back home is a policeman and he says to try and move house. My cousin was a detective in the Met and said he left (after a criminal forensics phd and loads of effort) because he was disillusioned and couldn't get the corrupt system to work for good. And apparently its quite acceptable (according to my local police) to be shouted and F'd at everytime I put stuff in my bin! So I have no faith in the police whatsoever unfortunately. i had kept a diary and a log and recorded cctv and audio, as per their advice, for them to turn round and say they cant do anything. The only thing they did get removed was a webcam pointing straight at our front door.

• Informative Informative x 2
                      • Agree Agree x 1