Drooping money tree plant

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Jane Kirk, May 25, 2019.

1. Jane Kirk

Jane Kirk Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I will try and look at the roots tomorrow but it is very heavy and I'm a bit concerned that if I disturb it anymore that it will drop the rest of the leaves and I'll be left with bare branches!
    I thought I should test the moisture in the soil as it felt very dry when I put my finger in the soil.so I put a wooden kebab skewer into the pot (not sure what else to use) and when I took it out it was still dry. I then decided to give it some water with some plant food . The water eventually filtered through to tray. I have put some of the fallen leaves onto some compost and hopefully they will root and I will be able to share with neighbours and friends.

2. Jane Kirk

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Forum
    An update on the drooping money plant ..
    it appears to have lifted a tad but now the leaves are dropping like flies !! The leaves have now become brown and dimply. Could it be the frost over the weekend of 25th May . I live in Somerset. Sunny today . Picture attached . Any ideas on what to do next ?

Attached Files:

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,360
    You didn't mention frost before. :biggrin:
    Yeah, they don't like frost.

4. Jane Kirk

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Pete
    I didn’t realise we’d had frost in the mornings. Thought we’d gone through the frosty period !!!
    Oh dear . Well a friend looked at it today and said it looked like it was frost.
    Is there anyway I can get it back to health again. He suggested giving it some water and plant food ?

5. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +20,951
    @Jane Kirk I think I would stand somewhere sheltered, not full sun and then wait for it to start to put on new growth before feeding or watering again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Jane Kirk

Ratings:
      +5
      Thank you . I will try that .
      Time for a coffee

• Like Like x 1