1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Events at No 10 and the next election.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mike Allen, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    As you all know. I hold no political alliance.

So now the situation is. Mr Boris Johnson crave for some time to be Britains PM. From his general stance. He held Winston Curchill to be he idol. Many of his mannerisms echo Winnie. Now at last in Number ten.

I have to say. Poor Boris. The world around you has caved in, and this damned pandemic. What a task for anyone. So let's skip the borrowing and all that. How do the public feel about recent, behind closed doors. Cummings. Flouting the Rules. Now the Home Sec. Miss Iron Knickers. What is it with the PM? Why is he showing favouritism. OK he and his cohorts are underfire for mistakes, blunders etc with covid. Covid is new and has take the wotld by surprise so perhaps some leeway. Internal problems. OUCH. If it was, that the tea boy had fogot the sugar. You imbercile. OUT youre fired. But the two, or three. Why the hesitation. I fear there will be more. Boris. It's matters like this that will lose you the next election. Interesting but, i'm getting off at the next stop, ding ding.

• Like Like x 2
    • JR

JR Chilled Gardener

Retired oil magnate
      Ratings:
      +2,381
      Priti is doing a pretty good job i guess.
      If she wasn't this would have been the perfect opportunity to ditch her..
      I had a female boss a few years back. There were a few blokes that tried to belittle her and undermine her position, just because she was female.
      She had to assert her authority to maintain her position and at times that made her appear bossy.
      As the home secretary her underlings need to know who is in charge and if that means they get a good rollocking occasionally.. Tough.
      If it's too hot in the kitchen they can get out, and let someone with more backbone work for her.
      This opinion does not favour any political party. I'd have the same view in any work place.
      If she really is that bad time will tell because she'll end up with no support staff.

• Like Like x 3
        Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
      • john558

john558 Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +8,321
        I don't think Boris would have ever dreamed when he took office of the situation the world is in now.
        I doubt very much that Corbin would have done any better.

The affects of Covid is a constant learning curve and as Boris and others don't have a crystal ball they do their best.

Looking at my crystal ball the first lockdown should have longer.

• Agree Agree x 4
        • Like Like x 1
        • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
          Ratings:
          +86,067
          I am wondering if Boris going to make it to the next election, I'm getting the impression he's had enough.
          Never did rate him as a person or leader, he just came up out of the woodpile because of Brexit.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
            Ratings:
            +6,097
            It's understandable to an extent for a woman boss to perhaps be viewed as over bossy. Hate to imagine the Shadow Home Sec being in office.

• Agree Agree x 1