First Fruit - Czar Plum

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Mike77, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Mike77

Mike77 Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Had my first fruit today from my fruit trees that I planted this year. It was from my Czar plum tree that I planted this year. Being a cooking plum I wasn't expecting too much but have to say I was quite impressed. It was very juicy and slightly tart not very sweet but in my opinion good and way better than an unripe plum from the supermarket. It's my best looking fruit tree, weeping with nice foliage. I bought it based on looks and to pollinate my other plum tree. I have another spot available which is semi-shade and am now thinking a czar plum would be perfect,

Anyone else enjoying Czar's?

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,248
      Must admit I've never grown plums, but isn't it a bit early to be picking them?:smile:

• Mike77

Mike77 Gardener

Ratings:
      +172
      It's an early plum tree but yes seems a little early. The rest of the plums (only 3 more) are still green. It was pot grown and I think maybe nursery conditions then the shift to my garden have put it out of kilter a little and I'm still getting the odd blossom. The one plum I picked appeared ripe and came away in my hand.

• Like Like x 1