1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing a big patch of dead grass

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by james_uk, Jun 12, 2022.

1. james_uk

james_uk Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, for about half a year our furniture has been sitting on the same patch of grass, we are getting a patio added for it very soon but the grass under where it’s been sitting is now all dead.

I was wondering what is the best way to save or fix this, if given time would it eventually re-grow?

In the past i have tried seeds where there has been other patches and the grass was very light in colour compared to the rest of the grass, so if adding seeds is the best option, I’m a bit worried that i will have a big patch that looks a totally different green to the rest, how would i know which seeds to match?

Regards

James

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,169
    I would sow seed. Once established after a few months give the whole lawn a feed and it it will all green up. You could sow seed across the whole lawn for a better effect.

Wait and see what others say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jerry Spencer

Jerry Spencer Apprentice Gardener

sports turf consultant
      Ratings:
      +9
      oversow with ryegrass but whatever you use if it isnt getting any light its going to die