1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

"For Everything Else, There's e-Bay."

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Doghouse Riley, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    That's why Eezytrade offer an extra black cartridge with a set.
    But as I mostly use my printer for photos, very little text stuff, for me black is the least used, the two cyans and magentas run down the fastest, followed by yellow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Martin you'd laugh mate because friends he knows if they come here...I always say once he drops jed the lots down the skip :loll:

• Like Like x 1
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        I don't bother regarding pic's...if anything coping mate as it's connected to my laptop but the black first goes then the magentas followed by cyans and the yellow is the last here also :)

• Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
        Ratings:
        +4,411

Most of my photos are for my wife's decoupage hobby. So I have to print off three of everything.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,325
          I use various printer ink sellers and it depends on the price and who sells the right quantity of each ink. I use mainly black and have set my printer to only print in black - and change to colour when necessary. We print mainly documents and get through about three cartridges per month. I make sure that I don't switch the printer off as it, apparently, does a head clean when it's turned back on. Over a period of time that can use up a lot of ink.

I did buy a new sprinkler on line the other week as none of the shops stocked what I needed (covers 350sq metres according to the manufactuer's claim but never quite does that much). I didn't get it through ebay as no one sold it but I got it through Amazon - £5 less than manufacturer's recommended price.

• Like Like x 1
          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            I can understand that if it's your wifes hobby but we don't bother regarding photo's any took are put onto the pc then loaded onto a memory stick :)

• Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            Morning Shiney...we used to use one who sold 4 for £20...then we went to a printer shop near us for the same price but hubby took a chance on ebay with a good seller and they've turned out ok.

Like you the printer mine as to be left on at the plug point as it does an head cleaner test when ever to chooses :snorky:

• Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
            +2,830
            How do you get eBay discount codes to work. I’ve tried but never managed to get them to work.

I’ve bought a lot off eBay over the years and have got some good bargains. It’s also saved masses amounts of time, usually a few clicks and I’ve found what I’m looking for. Like others have said, research the sellers feedback and ratings and be clear about where the seller is based.

• Like Like x 2
            • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
              +28,997

Some are for specific sellers, but sometimes the details are not very clear (like with the recent PARTY20 20% off when spending £10 or more that expired yesterday), so I normally google the code and find more info at ebay or on a deals site, the latter often detailing how others have overcome any problems.

• Informative Informative x 3
              • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
                At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
                Ratings:
                +49,477
                I must admit that I am a bit shy at using ebay, purely because of the stories that you hear where people have been ripped off. However, in truth, people are also being ripped off on the High Street, so using ebay is no different and you can save large amounts of money - one that springs to mind is when Mrs C wanted a treadmill; we looked at some of the larger retailers and for the features she wanted, we were looking down the barrel of £350; her brother recommended the ebay seller he bought his treadmill for, and we got exactly what was wanted for £180.

It was delivered the very next day, free delivery, well packaged and with a two year warranty. It gets used pretty much daily, and has given not a moments trouble - - and as near as dammit half the price of the big name retailers.

ebay is also very handy when it comes to getting spare parts for things, be it electronics, automotive, or even household stuff - sure, you have to be careful that you are not buying rubbish, but that applies no matter where you shop.

• Like Like x 2
                • Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
                  Ratings:
                  +4,411
                  My roller blind repair kit arrived today and we're back to normal.

Of course the screw holes in the brackets were in slightly different places to the original ones so I had to drill another hole in the kitchen wall on both sides. But the brackets hide the unused holes. My wife wasn't too pleased with the brick dust on her work surface. But it was unavoidable.

Nothing is ever easy is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                    +0
                    I changed the blind in our kitchen and when we got it home the fitting was slightly different and hubby had to re-drill a new set of holes but the old ones was covered and [​IMG]he was going mad and said nothing was wrong with the other...I stood back and was quite pleased :heehee:

• Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
                    Ratings:
                    +4,411
                    This is what you'd think with most buyers, that's why this firm usually offer you an extra black free. But as I am mostly printing photos and illustrations for my wife's decoupage hobby, I don't use a lot of black. Black is mainly for printing off sheet music I've downloaded from Music Notes.

Checking back these were what I bought from e-Bay last month.

Under counter freezer for the shed

d.jpg

New headphones for my leccy piano.

a.jpg

Mitts that velcro to my electric golf trolley handle

p.jpg

Slippers

s-l1600.jpg

All without having to trapes round the shops.