1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Frass panic

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Vicym, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Vicym

Vicym Gardener

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

I was cutting a cauliflower off and a little flick of water went in my eye. There's caterpillar poop everywhere on the cauliflowers I constantly wash off, but I'm worried about some getting into my eye.

Does anyone know if it's dangerous?

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,063
    Narr doubt it.
    Worse would be a bit of conjunctivitis in a couple of days.
    The salty water in your eyes sort out most of the bacteria that gets in your eyes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,206
      Aways best to have some form of eye wash in the cabinet ready to use.

Plenty of eye drop type bottles in the supermarkets like Optrex but for a heavier eye wash something like one of these bottles using a sterile saline solution and an eye bath for minor problems, about £2.

Might sound OTT, but its only when you have an eye problem that your fully realise how precious they are !

000748.jpg 000749.jpg

• Like Like x 2
        Last edited: Aug 1, 2021