1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Free plants for anybody who might want them.

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by silu, Aug 27, 2016.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    I have a huge garden which is bulging with plants. I have got to the point where I really need to reduce the amount I have. After about 30 years of collecting it has got beyond a joke:rolleyespink:.
    Some of my plants will be going to a large plant sale held for charity but there will be plenty left.
    I will be splitting many large clumps of all sorts of herbaceous plants this Autumn and plan to get some done the week of 20th September (weather depending).
    I live between Perth and Cupar in Fife, about 3/4 hour north of the Forth Bridge,so if anybody would like to have some plants then please PM me so I can give you more details.
    I won't list everything I will be wanting to rehome as there are A LOT of different plants. If you are looking for something specific then let me know.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with these plants I've just got too many and rather than compost them I'd rather pass them on to people who can enjoy them as I have and save themselves a fortune in the process!
    All I would ask is to bring your own bags and if you take a load a small contribution to the charity I support (Hedgehog sanctuary) would be a kind gesture but not obligatory.
    If of interest I also have plenty of horse manure which is going a begging, and may well have some Daffodil bulbs looking for homes too.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,095
      Thats a nice thing to do Silu.

Ive now stopped buying plants as theres no more room for them.
      I was giving my plants a rough valuation the other day with shop prices and they came to a small fortune. Eg. one clump of hosta split into garden centre sizes would be worth c.£40 x say 30 plants = £1200 in hostas alone :hate-shocked: :snork:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,508
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
          +8,083
          You are quite right, I know someone who helps out at a wholesale nursery and the last time they visited they told me, not counting the trees, it would cost in the region of £500,000 to replace all the plant and quantities of, that I have:wow:
          Hopefully I will get plenty of takers and not waste lots of lovely plants. If the postage and packing wasn't such an issue I'd be happy to send stuff to people further afield but having done various swaps with people over the years it is quite a lot of work to clean and pack the plants plus postage is quite expensive.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Like Like x 1