1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

friends with similar interests?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by crowley, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Another thought - take a look at your local conservation/volunteer groups - national trust, wild life reserves etc. A lorra the people who are interested in those areas, are interested in gardening - and the volunteers are young and old. Give you some good practical skills as well.

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    That's a very good point Fran! I did exactly that when I mved. The National Trust does a lot of conservation work with volunteers, and a lot of the volunteers are young. Likewise the Wildlife Trust, and BTCV. Just google on any of these, Crowley - and you'll find lots of info. Good luck! :D

3. grandchild4

grandchild4 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I live in East Yorkshire in a village about 10 mins outside Goole. Older than you but would still like to find a group/club about gardening.

4. use to be gardener

use to be gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i had this problem some years ago and got envolved with local allotments but being the youngest member and having gardening experince i found i was push on to committee ect but it was a good expearance for me in the end.

5. good digger

good digger Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Local allotments are good fun aren't they? and the committees are excellent younger and younger people are needed to keep things from stagnating.

6. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    You cannot beat allotment gardening for meeting people, making friends and LEARNING. I had an allotment for 13 years before I had to give it up because of work commitments. And it was the most wonderful gardening experience of my life, not only meeting these wonderful old characters, but also the knowledge that they possessed. In those days most of the plotholders were unemployed or retired and, in the main, men. But now you`ve got all sorts, young, old, men, women and even children, and if we can encourage the children then we will never be short of gardeners, David