1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuchsia Mail order suppliers

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by KFF, Jun 6, 2020.

1. KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,890
    I just though I'd share something with you all.

As an ex Fuchsia grower ( both professionally and for pleasure ) this year I thought I'd start to expand my collection again and I've had two very different experiences.

These are plants that I have received from Potash Nursery ( the two in the middle/front of the pic )........ they arrived around two weeks after ordering.

20200604_160547.jpg

These by contrast are from C.S. Lockyer ( the seven pots running front to back ). It took them almost two months to send these.

20200604_160252.jpg

I checked the posting on both parcels and they were both posted around 3 days before I received them, so they can't blame it on length of time in transit.

When I was in the business I would have been absolutely ashamed of myself to even give these away let alone sell them.

As expected I will never deal with Lockyers again, they send you all this bumph about being gold medal award winners perhaps if they put as much effort and compassion into the plants they sold on line as they do with their displays they might get better ratings.

Potash are an excellent company who supply First class plants with friendly service.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,193
      Might be worth contacting Lockyers for an explanation and to get your money back.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,890
        Hi @JWK

I already have and they blamed it in the post. When I explained to them about the date stamp etc they just ummed and arghed and said they couldn't do anything.

I also had trouble with paying for them as well, he kept putting the wrong digit on the end on of my card number and then saying I'd give him the wrong number. In the end he just said " sorry but I've been working until midnight every every day and I'm tired ".

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
          Ratings:
          +6,097
          Potash nursery used to be owned by Jim Puddifoot. I used to meet up with him at the RHS London shows and make my purchases. Seeing the plants that the present owner produces, I am pleased to see that the standard hasn't dropped.

For those who grow fuchsias. Why not join the British Fuchsia Socy. Loads of help and your membership card will usually get you in FREE at most local shows. Plus fuchsia folk really are friendly.

• ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,206
          Hi,

Unbelievable plants !

Actually they are still responsible for the plants until you receive them.

The contract for delivery is between Lockyers and the Delivery company, not you.

The contract for the plants is between you and Lockyers, so Lockyers should still reimburse you or supply decent plant.

Equally if ordered online you have a 14 day period, from their receipt, to reject the goods and get your money back.

Do not know how much they charged you for them, sometimes its just not worth dealing with them at all, or you could tell them the above and as advised by CAB / Trading standards, might make them sit up !

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • landimad

landimad Odd man rather than Land man

Retired Rail worker
            Ratings:
            +915
            20200605_183019.jpg I have these if you need to take a look and I can try to post them over.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
              Ratings:
              +12,508
              I have actually visited Lockyers on a couple of occasions, as they’re around 15 minutes from me. They are a long established business and grow on a large scale. Some of their glass houses had some stunning examples, but I got the impression that they concentrate all their efforts in the early part of the season, there were quite a few weak/weedy young plants. I think that if one was able to visit early on and pick out the desired plants, there wouldn’t be an issue, but those are a disgrace.

• Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +5,890
                Thanks @landimad , you've got quite a good selection there but at the moment I'm focusing on the Species and interspecififc crosses ( species x species ).

• Like Like x 1
                • Useful Useful x 1
                • landimad

landimad Odd man rather than Land man

Retired Rail worker
                  Ratings:
                  +915
                  Nay worries, always there if thee want.

• Friendly Friendly x 1