1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold or Yellow Fuscias

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jjordie, Jan 15, 2006.

1. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a gold or yellow fuscia? (Friends Golden Wedding later in the year and they're fuscia fans)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Hi jjordie, click on this link, they do a yellow one called Helen Clare. Looks lovely too. Let me know if you have a problem with the link but it should be ok I tried it.. ;)
    http://www.arcadianurseries.co.uk/
    [​IMG] Click on Fuschias & scroll down.. [​IMG]

[ 15. January 2006, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

3. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  4. princessazlea

princessazlea Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi jjordie, click on this link, they do a yellow one called Annabell.

www.bakker.co.uk

Then go to garden plants
    then click on Fuchsias. [​IMG]

5. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    [​IMG] Thanks all for info. Didn't realise there was such a thing as a gold/yellow fuscia but looks like I should be able to get one from somewhere.

6. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Hi jjordie, Sadly I don't think there is , unless you go for foliage like 'Gold and Fire' [SteveW] or 'Autumnale'. I think the true yellow tinge is the holy grail of fuschia collectors, like a black tulip. There are peachy shades out there, but both the above varieties, Helen Clare and Anabelle, are actually white :(

7. wonkeyeye

wonkeyeye Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    jjordie

There is no such thing as a gold or yellow fuschia. I belong to a fuschia society so I know this to be correct. However, there is one called golden wedding so this could be a good alternative. You would probably get one at a good garden centre.

8. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    [​IMG] Thanks Wonkeyeye, sounds like that would be worth investigating. We've got until end of March so time to shop around.

9. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hy there - long time no see. I hope all goes well with you.

10. wonkeyeye

wonkeyeye Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    jjordie, Just received a catalogue which lists Golden Wedding Fuchsia. It is a lovely deep purple with pink near the base of each petal, white outer petals and golden colour leaves. If you ring 020 8393 7616 they will be able to despatch them to you. It is a basket variety so you would need five for a good show. They are charging �£6.50p. for five which is very good. They may be able to get them to you in time. They will not be very big, but will grow on to a beautiful display by June, the traditional time for fuchsia flowering. They will send you a booklet with growing instructions and how to overwinter. Let me know how you get on. Also, you can email them, at www.GeraniumsUK.com, but because you want them urgently, it may be best to talk to them.

Good Luck. Let me know if you do this and how you get on.

11. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    [​IMG] That sounds just what I am looking for wonkeyeye, thanks for the info.

Couldn't reply yesterday as I had the gremlins in my pc. So had to get a very nice Computer Technician here and he sorted it out in 20 mins! Easy when you know what you're doing!

;)

[ 24. January 2006, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: jjordie ]