1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Got this 2 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by clanless, Aug 2, 2019.

1. clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
    Ratings:
    +7,625
    I've sprayed the weeds this morning to keep the plot relatively tidy for the next person. It's normal course of events - it seems - to leave the plot to get over grown and then hand it back just to spite the Committee. It's not in my nature to do that - I don't carry any animosity whatsoever - to anybody - and hope that the next plot holder enjoys the plot as I have done for the last 2.5 years :smile:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
      Ratings:
      +7,625
      Sorted. Keys dropped off this morning.

• Like Like x 1
      • clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
        Ratings:
        +7,625
        I've been 'phoned by the Secretary asking me to reconsider handing back the plot. I'm feeling a little guilty :redface: - but the decision has been made - and not just by me. We can't reverse the decision now.

I take some solace from the fact that there are 25 people on the waiting list - I can't deprive someone of the opportunity to take on a plot - not for the sake of soothing my soul. I have a garden - the next plot holder may well live in a flat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Welshman

Welshman Gardener

Ratings:
          +520
          Is your garden big enough to grow what you want???

• clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
          Ratings:
          +7,625
          It never was my intention to grow veg down at the plot - it was always going to be more of a 'leisure' plot. I harvested some leeks from there a couple of days ago - I have to say - the shop bought leeks were better. Apologies to any allotmenteers out there :biggrin:.

My garden is large enough to keep me busy - I've just got it how I like it - perennials in difficult to reach areas and the easy to reach areas for annuals.

Next year I'm going for cut flowers - to keep the vases stocked.

My Mum has a garden about 3 times the size of mine - as time goes on I need to spend more time keeping her garden tidy.

The allotment is way down (and now removed from) the list when it comes to allocating gardening time :smile:.

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1