Greenhouse Automatic Watering

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds, Oct 6, 2015.

1. CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
    Ratings:
    +30,478
    @"doddery" just noticed in your pics that you use the same dc timers I do. I use them with my fans as well. I have 9 * 40 watt panels, plus 3* 20 watt panels feeding 2* 12 volt batteries and also directly running the fans when the sun shines. I also have a 25 watt panel for a birdbath pump. I need to rethink/rewire things this year as I am sure that I am not fully utilizing the power from my panels. This will be easier soon as I have two more 12 volt deep cycle batteries on order.

I think I will have time this year to play with hooking up something to the rain barrel. Nice to see your set up :)

• Like Like x 2
    • RobinS

RobinS Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +14
      All working & I'm off to Germany on a business trip for a week. Now I can monitor the temperature and humidity in my propagator, with preset on/off temperatures set. I can over-ride and switch my electric blanket on/off as I choose. Pulled apart a pc power supply & stuck fan in the lid of propagator. Monitoring the humidity, I can switch that on & watch the fresh air wafting the humidity down. Shoved the lighting on it, just to show off to my wife. Chuffed to bits with a few silly cheap bits of Chinese PCB's and a simple free APP on my phone.

• Like Like x 2
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +30,478