1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrogate Show

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Past It, Apr 23, 2022.

1. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,169
    The RHS sell a proportion to agents who bundle them up with hotel stays, limos and restaurants and sell the package at a massive mark up. The same happens at sporting events, just so people with lots of money can tick their boxes. Often at sporting events the rich are not interested in the game and don't even watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +8,509
      I were going to go to Harrogate flower show tomorrow but I don't think I'll bother now. I went to the autumn show last year and they wasn't much there ethier. With the cost of fuel to get there and back ( 100mile round trip) and 20 odd quid to get in i think I be better buying some plants online instead.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
        +46,169
        My sister went to Harrogate Show in Sunday, she goes every year. She said it was very busy and more exhibitors than last year. There were new smaller growers there for the first time.

• Informative Informative x 1
        • Past It

Past It Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +17
          Last year we were still in the grip of covid. The show only went ahead last year after long protracted negotiations, resulting in social distancing and wide open spaces between exhibitors.
          T he main show tents which have always been the star attractions were as I said in my main post, had very few exhibitors and it's going to take some years to get back to, " How it was"
          Already after the lifting of covid there is a noticeable difference in the way people shop with many still shopping on line for their plant stocks as they did during lockdown.
          Let's just hope this is not going to be the norm for the future.

• Like Like x 2