1. Photo Competition
    JULY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Wild Flowers" - we know how wild we are about flowers around here, so get your best lens out and head out into the wilds or even that roadside verge near your house and submit your best photos

Please Click Here!

Has anyone ever bought Poundland roses?

Discussion in 'Roses' started by groundbeetle, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Janet mahay

Janet mahay Gardener

Ratings:
    +442
    Hi like ricky I used for past 2 years westland compost along with used coffee grounds and have found it ok I once did use john innes I sorry for the money I was not impressed I bought some herb seeds from a garden centre they were sutton or thomson seeds and put them in john innes compost and only 2 out 10 came up where as I bought some herb seeds 29p from lidl put in westland compost and 8 out 10 came up I even repotted my red robin in westland its done brill so for the money its worth it

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +45,534
      @groundbeetle I agree some roses are prone to diseases. I've found it tends to be the older generation of roses as later ones are grown to be more resistant. I had an assortment of roses in my last garden and the only one that seemed to suffer from black spot (late in the flowering season) was of the older generation, a red floribunda rose named 'Rob Roy' below....

Rose 'Rob Roy' (1).JPG

Rose 'Rob Roy' (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1