1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had decompression surgery on their spine?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pete, Jul 4, 2018.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,077
    I saw a spinal surgeon the other day, apparently at one point my spinal canal has closed up and is causing a restriction on my spinal chord.
    Seems I need decompression surgery to open it up and allow more room.

He seemed to be a bit negative at first saying the benefits might not be as good as I'm expecting.
    In the end he put me on the list, but said I had the option of backing out if I wanted to.

Not really what I was expecting to hear.
    So would be interested to hear from someone who has had this procedure done and what the outcome was.

At the moment I suffer from aching legs and painful feet, after standing for any length of time my legs dont seem to work properly until I've had a sit down.

As I stand for pretty much 9 hours solid for 5 days of the week its all getting a bit much.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +89,901
      Morning @pete sorry to hear that mate,I have a friend who had it done,but he's not happy with the results,he seems to be in more pain and I know that he was worried about all the risks,I could have another word with him if you like:smile:

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +6,953
        Sorry to hear that Pete.
        Did they offer you physio?

I guess its all those years sitting on that hard old fence☺

• Funny Funny x 1
        • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
          Ratings:
          +86,077
          I've been trying physio, chiropractors for the last 5 yrs.
          To be honest I never did think exercises were going to work, when you bear in mind the only time it dont hurt is when I'm in bed or sitting down.
          Trying to get that over to the medical profession, not to mention all those people I meet who say, "yeah I've got a backache as well".

Yeah, I used to get back ache, this aint back ache, it's something else, but try telling your mates, they just think you are a moaner.
          After this scan, finally, I think I might have convinced a few that it is a bit more than back ache.

Thanks @wiseowl , any info would be helpful, but I know it ant going to get better on its own.