HAVE YOU BEEN THERE

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nathan7, Feb 24, 2011.

1. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    We are going to Gran Canaria, staying in Puerto Rico,

We have never been to Las Palmas is there a beach, shops, etc.

2. Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    No idea I have never been abroad, but hope you have a great time anyway!!!

3. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Oh my! Went to Gran Canaria many, many moons ago. When they were just starting to build Puerto Rico. Lovely island.:dbgrtmb: Las Palmas, the capital, had a great variety of shops etc. and harbours for the cruise ships. No beaches to speak of and I can't imagine they would have built any. No point, the money comes from the cruise ships. However, Maspalomas has wonderful beaches, sand dunes right down to the sea.:) Playa des Englises has a great beach and I'm sure, by now, has great shops etc. If you get a chance, take a tour into the interior and see the caves where people live, a real eye-opener. If you take a camel ride, be aware, they're really cranky animals, ( that's anywhere, Egypt, Turkey etc.) that's the nature of that animal.:WINK1: If you want some real up to date info, try Trip Advisor, I know you'll have a great time. :dbgrtmb:

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    No I haven't been there sorry Nathan, but I had just been looking at Tripadvisor anyway & here are some links.. Hope they help..

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch?geo=&q=las+palmas&inDay=4&inMonth=03%2F2011&checkIn=dd%2Fmm%2Fyyyy&outDay=6&outMonth=03%2F2011&checkOut=dd%2Fmm%2Fyyyy&searchAll=true&adults=2

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Search?q=Puerto+Rico&sub-search=Search&geo=187472&returnTo=http%253A__2F____2F__www__2E__tripadvisor__2E__co__2E__uk__2F__HACSearch__2D__a__5F__adults__2E__2__2D__a__5F__checkIn__2E__dd__5F____5F__2F__5F____5F__mm__5F____5F__2F__5F____5F__yyyy__2D__a__5F__checkOut__2E__dd__5F____5F__2F__5F____5F__mm__5F____5F__2F__5F____5F__yyyy__2D__a__5F__inDay__2E__4__2D__a__5F__inMonth__2E__03__5F____5F__2F__5F____5F__2011__2D__a__5F__outDay__2E__6__2D__a__5F__outMonth__2E__03__5F____5F__2F__5F____5F__2011__2D__a__5F__searchAll__2E__true__2D__qlas%252Bpalmas