1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Heated seed beds?

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by mazambo, Jun 16, 2019.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    I have a couple of heated mats made for gardening and a vivarium one that was given me, to be honest I wouldn't use the vivarium one in the greenhouse but it's as sealed as the ones for the garden, I like the garden ones because you can put them in a windowsill or shed or greenhouse, if your main propagators are full you can pop a couple of those cheap tray and lid things from wilko and it gives you a little bit more capacity. 20200413_134238.jpg 20200413_134245.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,616
      @mazambo the ones for gardening (top pic) are the ones I'm trying to figure out a re-purpose.

• mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      I'm absolutely certain you'll do just that:blue thumb: not knowing any better last year I used them to start off trays of begonia, worked pretty well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +30,616
        I've got 6 of the things and so a lot of plugs. Wish I'd known about the bigger ones earlier :doh: What the heck. I've got sand and stuff - experimenting shall begin soon :)

• Like Like x 1