1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Heatwave

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Verdun, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    3FD59E4F-5B83-48C5-A167-44F25FCC3D63.jpeg D491D5DE-D782-41A7-A024-9058C18273C2.jpeg @“M” We were gardening out the back and I kept looking at the sky at various times and the sky was grey like it is when it is going to snow and the light conditions in the garden was spooky just like the light conditions when we were down in St Ives in 1999 for the Eclipse:biggrin:

Mr Kandy happened to come through the gate and looked up and saw the red sun that had suddenly appeared so we rushed to get our cameras and started clicking.Funny thing is though that he has a very expensive lRge camera and he couldn’t get the red whereas mine is a cheaper one and I got loads of goood ones:snorky:

@Verdun we were down your way when the eclipse was on staying at a campsite in St Ives and we were supposed to get 6 minutes & 6 seconds of totality but it ended up that Newquay had the best views of it so everyone crowded round our black and white telly to watch the live report from the Hercules.

It was raining that morning but the minute the eclipse started the rain stopped as if a tap had been turned off and we had that strange light again and could see the shadow of the sun across the hills.As soon as the eclipse ended the tap was turned on again and the rain started up again. All the cows in the fields started mooing:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
      Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Kandy, we were on the towans not far away from you....yes, any drizzle stopped.
      I remember too the silence. :)

• Like Like x 3
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,459
        We got it as well. :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
          +17,487
          Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)

No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's storm

Got more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a neighbour earlier in the year have made amazing growth and I will pot these up too in same mixture.
          In one of my impetuous moments I washed my car......washed and dried in 20 mins! :rasp:

• Like Like x 2