1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Evergreen flowers / plants

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by McClements, Aug 17, 2019.

1. McClements

McClements Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I have no clue with flowers or plants. I have a very small area in front my new build house and I'm looking to plant some everygreen flowers or plants that look nice, easy to maintain and stay green all year round (with some colour during certain months).

No idea of the current plants there but i have room to plant about 5 new ones. The area is not massive, so not looking for a huge bush etc.

Any idea what I should buy and plant to keep the area looking nice? Area is shaded morning, sun afternoon if that helps (even though I'm looking for evergreen).

I'm also based hampshire , if that has any bearing on the plants to buy.

Many thanks.

20190817_104519.jpg

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Hiya McClements :)

How about a few winter heathers there? They flower in late winter and have colourful evergreen foliage.....some have yellow foliage, some dark, and some have reddish orange foliage. Easy, just needing a trim after flowering and knit in to make a nice appearance.
    For contrast....evergreen too....look at phormiums. All colours from Cream Delight which has lovely bright cream foliage to Sundowner with red foliage.
    Together they would create a colourful scene all year round.
    Dwarf hebes too.....small mounded evergreens .....some have dark green foliage, some pale green, grey, variegated pink, etc. All have spring or summer flowers:)

You could also plant a few dwarf bulbs there too for late winter and spring show like snowdrops, daffodils, tulips, hyacinths

• Agree Agree x 1
    • McClements

McClements Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +2
      Thanks verdon . Purchased a few and changed the existing. The Heather's are really small, so going to purchase a few more to fill the gaps but looks much better now once they grow and flower in season.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1