1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP PLEASE! Advise on lawn needed!

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by New Gardener, Nov 3, 2015.

1. New Gardener

New Gardener Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone!

I am needing some help, as you can see from the picture below I have dug over our existing ground and i am wanting to sow the lawn but as can be seen in the picture there is quite a few weeds. My question is if i was to sow straight on top of this would i still get a decent lawn? I am not after a perfect lawn as i have dogs! just a grassed area. Also if anyone could give me some info on flattening the ground that would be fantastic!

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,830
    Do not sow now, it is too late. The germination will be very poor in November. I am assuming you live in the UK. Wait until March.

3. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,594
    New Gardener, I think your thread would gain more attention if you posted it in the 'Lawns' forum. :)