HMS Belfast Review (VERY picture heavy!)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Fat Controller, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Excellent set of pics. When we visited London last year, I did consider visiting the Belfast, but with limited time, there’s only so much one can do. We do intend to visit again, so the Belfast is on the list. We ‘did’ The Shard, ‘zoomed in’ view from the top...

47E4757A-17E3-45A5-B989-D629E7EBACE7.jpeg

Is it just a case of turning up and paying to get on board?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +6,925
      Great pics.FC.......certainly heavy , are they Mrs.FC photography..... brilliant.
      We’re you happy being so far south ,I mean it’s further south than Shiney’s :smile:.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +48,881
        Thank you all for the kind comments - on that basis, I will go on later and bore you all witless with Duxford and Churchill War Rooms....... :heehee:

@Freddy - you can just turn up and walk in, but I would suggest getting there for opening time (10am) as it gets quite busy quite quickly. However, there is better value to be had (@Scrungee taught me well!) - if you pre-book online via Duxford's website (it may also be possible at the other locations too) you can buy an annual membership for not a lot more than you would pay to get in. This membership gets you free entry to ALL of the Imperial War Museum sites (Duxford, Churchill War Rooms, Imperial War Museum North, HMS Belfast and Imperial War Museum London [this one is free anyway]) and allows you as many return visits as you like for a whole year. We are quite unlikely to go back to HMS Belfast (it would probably kill me!) but Churchill War Rooms and Duxford are both on our re-visit list - not least as it is a good excuse to not be couch potatoes and get out and about.

@roders - believe it or not, those pictures are a near 50/50 split between the two of us. I have discovered that my phone is actually a very good camera with a phone attached, and many of the images here were taken on the phone. In fact the phone is so good that it actually blew Mrs C's camera out of the water for many of the Duxford pics. :yes:

• Like Like x 3
        • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
          +28,996
          Even cheaper, all you need is some Abyssinian clothing and keep repeating "Bunga bunga" Dreadnought hoax - Wikipedia

• Funny Funny x 1