1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Ownership

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Victoria, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,929
    I just read this which was interesting ...

"In Europe, 30% of the population lives in rented houses and 70% in their own home. In Portugal, the difference is even greater: only 26% of people are tenants and 74% have their own home. The data were collected by Dinheiro Vivo from Eurostat and refer to 2019."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +14,390
      I'd be amazed if that proportion was valid for France! The French have only quite recently discovered the joys of home-ownership. Would the inverse be true for the Portugese because of their well-known talents in the building trades?

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +50,929
        T'other Half says he read where they have a high second-home owners as well. And I would believe that as so many Lisbonites/Northerners own homes down here. There are actually quite a lot of well-to-do Portuguese (we know some). When we went to Faial in The Acores n 1993 we were told they were wealthy folk from the mainland.

• Victoria

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +50,929
        Duplicate post ... sorry, I keep getting error messages. :rolleyespink: