1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hose End Sprayer

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Mark P, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Mark P

Mark P Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone. I hope you are all well in this odd time.

Last year to apply my Pro-Kleen Iron Sulphate I used a manual pump and sprayer.

This year I'm wanting to do it via a self mixing hose pipe sprayer to really cut the time it takes to spray down.

Does anyone have any recommendation as to which sprayers they prefer or use? Everything you find on the internet is heavily waited towards the USA.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      There are some domestic ones around but they are aimed at feeds and not iron. The way you do it is best as it’s contained and the dosage if you have a good sprayer will be better.
      Domestic type spray feeder one attached to hose tends to leak, not good with iron and they are not particularly accurate with the dosage. Fine if say you just want to liquid feed but iron is a no no.
      If it’s a hand held sprayer You use you could think about a knapscack that holds more water so greater coverage but understanding the weight issue on your back and nozzle requirements.

the other issue is that hose feeders will not be able to mix the iron unless you dissolve it first.

• Informative Informative x 1