i am new just saying hello

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by gearbox22, Apr 8, 2006.

1. gearbox22

gearbox22 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi elainefiz pleased to meet you i see you are into perrenials and veg i will be into allsorts once i get started i only joined this site last night and all ready i,ve found everyone so freindly i keep going back to the discussion board as there is so much to read yet and i am trying to learn about which veg can grow in grow bags and whichwill grow in pots also i am looking up about alpines i think they are lovely then i will be learning which flowers i can dry successfully, thats the thing about gardening you never get bored do you regards anne

2. Worm Breeder

Worm Breeder Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Anne welcome to this site . I see that you have also joind the smallholders forum at www.michaellock.forumup.co.uk .Mike

[ 09. April 2006, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Worm Breeder ]

3. rossco

rossco Gardener

head gardener/estate manager
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Anne,
    hope you get back into it soon, like riding a bike...once done never forgotten.

4. chobart

chobart Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Anne

Welcome to the forum - hope all goes well with the greenhouse build - you probably need one with all that rain up there. OUr problem is the opposite - now we cannot water the garden......

5. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi chobart thanks for welcome as you mention the rain if it would just ease up a little i would get the greenhouse built a lot quicker dont worry about the water ban it will reach us soon enough thogh why it should i have no idea its like a swamp now and that is partly due to the council i only found out recently that they built the houses on a swamp anyway anne

6. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi lisa0307 is that your yorkshire terrier on the picture

7. Dave_In_His_Garden

Dave_In_His_Garden Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Anne,

Just thought I'd add a quick welcome - I'm sure you will find lots of useful advice on here, I know I do! Hope you have a lovely summer full of gardening! :D

Cheers,

Dave

8. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Sorry to be so late in replying, Anne - been rather busy outside recently! No, it's not my garden - mine's new, and under construction. The photo (they call them avatars - don't know why!)is of my favourite place - the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh - the Scottish equivalent of Kew. Glad you like it too. If you like places like that, have a look at the "Places to visit" topic - lots of nice pics there! :D