1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved ID Please on Hydrangea

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Gail_68, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Verdun before I go buying this week are they definitely a pure sun plant (No shade included) :snorky:

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Gail, the paniculatas tolerate sun if the soil is good, if it holds a certain amount of water....i.e. If it doesnt dry out too much.:)
    Here the soil is sandy but it is good. Plenty of goodness at planting time and a thick mulch; they do well here.

However, I'm a great believer in growing plants that suit the conditions you have so If you are looking for a white flowering plant to thrive in full sun in your gravel bed, check out gauras....."whirling butterflies". They have a dainty, light demeanour, self supporting, white flowers witb a touch of pink (in the white varieties) and go well with grasses. They flower from mid summer for several weeks into autumn.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
      Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
      Ratings:
      +10,516
      nice lacecap. have 13 types myself, only know one or two names. they invent several every years. ID them, gave up.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Verdun sorry for being late replying...it's been a mad day here with one thing or another :phew:

Checked out the Gaura plants just and there's many nice looking forms in them...cheers for that :thumbsup:

• Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        redstar there's many names for them it's unbelievable mate :snorky:

• Agree Agree x 1