1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

IS propaganda on facebook

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clueless1, Jan 16, 2016.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    I think that is a matter of perception (and the question of perception is how this whole thread began :heehee: )
    It really *is* that simple; if someone wants it to be ;)
    And, from a business point of view, if you have a product people want (and not simply a product you like to produce) then the business needs to spend time and effort on their target market and not simply on "shots in the dark".
    At the very least, some statistical analysis should be undertaken to assess time/effort/reach and revenue, together with the terms and conditions of the medium being used, to make an informed choice as to whether it is worth it or simply grasping at straws.
    Yes, I agree, social media does have a role to play. However, how great that role may (or may not) be, I believe, has been quite distorted when it comes to the small businesses who believe it is *the* way ahead as opposed to one of the many routes of marketing.
    If a business is aimed at a niche market, then the focus should reflect that: otherwise, it may turn out to be wasted time and effort that could be better harnessed elsewhere with greater results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      Oh dear :pathd:

• Funny Funny x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        It did and the subsequent response to it :lunapic 130165696578242 5: :pathd:

Bless!

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        To be fair, it was you who introduced the topic of advertising (aka marketing) on social media.

If contributors to the thread take it down a route you would prefer it not to go down, or feel it doesn't need, does that mean it is acceptable to be patronising to another forum member? Backing it up with an apology afterwards doesn't necessarily make it right either.
        Some readers may not have any real inkling on marketing, how it works, how it may (or may not) work for them and may even find contributors thoughts on it illuminating. Who knows? :dunno:
        Would you prefer me to submit my comments to someone for "approval" before posting, on the off chance they take a path one forum member may not agree with, may not feel is "needed" or perhaps, in some one's opinion, may be too "deep"?
        Surely my opinions/responses/contributions are as valid as anyone else's on here and the detail/depth I may choose to go into with my responses are surely my decision and not anyone else's? Mods notwithstanding, of course.

• Like Like x 1
        • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,836
          upload_2016-1-17_20-43-2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Creative Creative x 1