1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this leaf spot on my Pieris?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Gareth Hughes, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes Welsh, inexperienced gardener!

Ratings:
    +128
    Just noticed a branch on my Pieris that all the leaves are like this and white mildew like substance on the branch. Is it leaf spot? If so what is the remedy please? image.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,322
      Hi Gareth

If possible can I/we have a photo of the bush and the "white mildew" to be honest the leaf does not look like pieris more like a willow leaf

and if you can give us a the situation its planted in with the plant ie full sun etc

• Gareth Hughes

Ratings:
      +128
      It's definitely a Pieris forest Flame I assure you. I'll take a photo of it tonight when I get home. It gets sun from 4pm until 8pm otherwise it's in the shade of a fence. The top leaves are new and yellow after being bright red but I've trimmed the leaves that had these marks as advised by a gardener friend but I just want to run it past you guys.

• Useful Useful x 1
      • Gareth Hughes

Ratings:
        +128
        Sorry for the late posting. This is the white mildew like staining on my pieris. I've cut all the dark spotted leaves off. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg