1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this powdery white milddew

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by SHAHID MALIK, Jun 24, 2019.

1. SHAHID MALIK

SHAHID MALIK Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm a novice gardener. I'm growing courgettes for the first time and have noticed some discoloration on the leaves. I was wondering if this is the start of powerdery white milddew?

Attached Files:

2. Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +9,233
    Hi @SHAHID MALIK , and welcome to Gardeners Corner!

:sign0016:

You have a lovely healthy courgette leaf there. The leaves often have a little silvery pattern on them, which is just a feature of the plant.

Later in the year, normally August or September, when the plant is starting to tire, having grown lots of courgettes for you, your family (and all your friends and neighbours! - they just keep coming and coming!), you may get a little greyish white dusting on the leaves. But it doesn’t slow down the plant....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      Hi @SHAHID MALIK and Welcome to GC.. It is possible you do have the very start of it. Courgettes are prone to it now and then again at the end of the season.. I think the main reason they can get it now and later is because of cool night temps and warm days.. Is the soil dry at all as that also helps the mildew to grow and courgettes need lots and lots of water..

• SHAHID MALIK

SHAHID MALIK Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,039
      Doesn't look like mildew to me, its just the way the leaves grow.
      Mildew makes the leaves look dull.
      Agree that mildew tends to come later in the season when the roots get dry and the plants are struggling a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1