1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this tree safe?

Discussion in 'Trees' started by fumanchu, Dec 27, 2020.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,514
    Well, I don't ask a bloke standing in the middle of the road! :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997

Neither, you consult an expert - a squirrel!

s-l400.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Finngal

Finngal Gardener

Ratings:
        +57
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a typical spruce tree?
        Their roots go massively deep, whereas pines keep roots on surface. In Nordic countries, during autumn storms if the ground has not frozen at times these beasts come down. They just tip. Pines are more commonly falling,but yes,even spruce trees collapse.
        That said, I've never seen someone particularly worrying about it. It happens, same as at times meteors fall on roofs and lightning strikes us.
        I'd check from the house insurance that I'm covered in case we ger super beast from east and let it live. The chances are it will outlive us all, but if it won't, you'll get a new annex.

I lived my childhood in bush, surrounded by these trees. They take massive beating, I would not worry about it :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 2