1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Jalepenos from seed

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by ophelia moonglow, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ophelia moonglow

ophelia moonglow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I'm new to this board and I'm hoping some of the experts here will be able to advise me.

I eat jalepenos (red and green chillis) that we buy from the supermarket almost every week and I was wondering if it is possible to keep some of the seeds and just simply plant them in my window sill propagator?

I've already got some chilli seedlings that I grew from a packet of seeds but would it work with ones fresh from a chilli?

Any advice will be welcomed,

Ophelia :D

2. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    hi Ophelia yes you can as long as you dry them properly and natually... I always save my seeds from Peppers, Chillies and others...grow very successfully.

3. ophelia moonglow

ophelia moonglow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ladybird,

Sorry to ask such a basic question (I am very new to gardening), how do you go about drying the seeds naturally and properly?

Ophelia