1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

James greives apple tree issues

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Bear, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Bear

Bear Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Have a james grives apple tree planted 4 years ago last year I had blossoms wilt and early fruit drop this year in spring had wilt on some flowers leaves and small branches so had to do some pruning so tree is bare on one side and pruned on one side to remove any risk of deased wood I have on big bare branch left on that side, I am worried now there will be no new growth on that side now as see no new buds , pruned it 1 month ago , what should I do was this tree and bring it back to health?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,050
    Can you post photos of the tree to give us an idea of the extent of the damage

3. Bear

Bear Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1

Attached Files:

4. Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +9,233
    @Bear , have you looked at images for apple canker? James Grieve are a lovely apple - crisp, juicy, sweet, and lots of flavour. But they are very susceptible to apple canker…

• Informative Informative x 1