1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Forrest

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil A, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ellen

Ellen Total Gardener

Volunteer at Cats Protection
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    The Patrician is in a few of those :) Great idea there by Sir Terry though :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +21,808
      So many related threads to this story! With Forrest (run Forest, RUN!), my issues are with the total betrayal of trust of his position and the inbalance of sentencing between him and an admitted rapist. It sickens me to think the rules are not evenly applicable to all. Rape = nuts in vice.
      Yes Forrest should be given a sentence because he broke the law, but the severity of it? His wife should really divorce him and move on and I hope that the girlfriend doesn't have some sort of mental breakdown. As mature as she might be, she's still only 15.
      I find it odd that where the EU insists we are beholden to their laws that there is no common law in this case. Very 'pick and mix'.
      The gov't have been attempting to boot out that cleric for a decade and the bloody human rights courts keep him here. I feel the gov'ts pain on this one which does not happen often. The Australian?! Well honestly. A fine and a kick up the backside perhaps but to eject him is showing signs of blatant stupidity. Years of appeals in the offing and after the payout at the end of it he'll take both himself and his family to Australia where they'll pat him heartily on the back, give him an apartment on Sydney Harbour for getting two over on the Brits!
      Don't get the Berlesconi thing - both parties deny it happened so erm, where's the case?!

• Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,951
      He won't serve it though, he is over 70!!

Val