1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest moan from me and you!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Spruce, Feb 15, 2013.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    :grphg:

Issues with suppliers I would imagine .. coupled with the weather. Oh and let's not forget the ferries and the tunnel were out of operation recently (my way, at least) so that would affect the operations management of supplies.

Nothing else you fancy? Sticky toffee pudding? Roast pork, crackling and all the trimmings?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,631
      you offering to cook it for me lol i would much prefer both of those things

but too sick to cook right now and also have none of that in the house :-( this is the problem of living on your own and being a sickie and not being able to go out without help from others.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        I've just checked ... 3hrs away: blast! The gravy would be cold by then :doh: Otherwise, I would happily cook you roast pork (with all the trimmings) and a suitably high calorie dessert to go with it.
        Nothing tempting in the freezer? :noidea:
        Or, you could try Pizza Hut?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +3,631
          awww thats so sweet of you and you wouldn't have to worry about the gravy i cant stand it lol weirdly i generally prefer food once its gone cold anyway lol esp roast potatoes! not keen on them hot or warm but my god cold they are amazing!

I have ordered the dominos now going to try out their stuffed crust and a new pizza topping but i went half and half so one half is still hawaiian so i know i will eat some of it.

I dont like to eat pizza hut as i got food poisoning from them one time and i think their pizza sauce tastes funny but their cheese triangle things are amazing lol

and my freezer has bags of frozen peas and edamame beans and fish in sauce and steam veg bags so nothing high calorie there. same as the fridge i have trout and leeks, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, celery, cucumber and baby red chard. so nothing high carlorie and high fat in there too lol

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +31,885
          Oh in that case ... next time I cook roast pork and have a bit spare ... I'll do a day trip the next day so you can have a cold roast (without gravy but lots of roast potatoes) :thumbsup: :heehee:

You never know Dips, something good may have come out of it .. you're trying a new pizza topping and it might become a favourite :)

Sorry to hear about your PH experience :oops:

Your fridge and freezer sound wonderfully healthy :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +3,631
            lol my fridge and freezer are wonderfully healthy but only because I try only to order one naughty thing a week as if lots of naughty things are in the house i will just eat them. I would much prefer lots more naughty things lol

naughty thing for next week are these. Bring on wednesday!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +31,885
              Naughty piggies for Dips :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 1
              • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
                +21,616
                Hackers and people that create viruses! (see my other post)

Mostly it's not having a spare toaster at the moment after the last one just blew the house electrics. In the loft I have spares of coffee machines (3), kettles (2), an iron and a Breville. No spare toaster though and I just came back from shopping where I could have got one!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
                  +0
                • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
                  +21,616
                  Aye. And a camping stove, open fire, chiminea, bbq and a grill. We won;t go short of toast, that's the main thing lol

• merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +4,087
                  Had my hire car collected today (back from the body shop where they fixed my door) and then had Henry Honda delivered back to me at work. Hooray, I thought. Until I was driving home along the M62 and started losing power in lane 3 of 4. Same light as before came on (engine management). Very nice RAC man came out quite quickly and put the diagnostics thingy on it. Same problem as before, something to do with the sensor and timing thingybob on the VTEC engine. I was only about ten minutes from home, so drove home with the RAC man behind me. Car started losing power at various points but managed to keep going, for the latter part along the hard shoulder with my hazards flashing, and got home in one piece. Got to try and get it into the garage tomorrow. One good thing was that I broke down right by the entrance to the secret road thingy that the recovery drivers use to cross from one side of the motorway to the other. Because there were roadworks there, they had spotted me on camera so an Egertons man came along and moved my car onto the side road, so I could sit in the car nice and warm while waiting. The RAC man seemed a bit worried that being a weak and feeble female I'd have problems pulling back out onto the busy motorway, but was impressed that I managed to get out and across three lanes (needed to be in right hand lanes) in a dodgy car and then get home with only one stop (to tell him that I'd lost power again). He said I'd done better than most blokes would have done. Don't know whether to be offended by the sexist comment or pleased that he was giving me a backhanded compliment.

Got to try and get the car into my local garage tomorrow to see if they can fix it, otherwise I'll have to hire a car to get back and fore work.

• Like Like x 2
                  • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
                    Ratings:
                    +31,818
                    Had to retrier my socks as they had one big hole in the bottom from the heel to toe :sad::sad::sad::sad:
                    never mind i will have to wear the next ones every day till there get a hole in the bottom :hapydancsmil:

• Funny Funny x 8
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • honeybunny

honeybunny Head Gardener

Ratings:
                      +1,915
                      Walking up the stairs last night going to bed I happened to glance out the window and what do I see? The neighbours frantically groping each other in their porch......I nearly brought up my supper 2015-02-15-17-34-49--2052588694.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                        Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
                      • LyndaG

LyndaG Super Gardener

Ratings:
                        +1,390
                        My moan is that cyclists are ALLOWED to go the wrong way down a one way street. Who the hell thought up that one? I don't drive, but live on a busy one way road - one day one of the cars will have a cyclist as an emblem on the bonnet. I'll keep you posted and remember you heard it here first!

• Like Like x 1
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Informative Informative x 1
                        • LyndaG

LyndaG Super Gardener

Ratings:
                          +1,390
                          Oh my! Still a bit cold for all that business in my humble opinion!

• Funny Funny x 1