1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

LATEST MOAN FROM YOU AND ME 2019

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by shiney, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,784
    Hello on my country walk this morning more fly tipping:smile:

P1310708.JPG P1310709.JPG

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
      Ratings:
      +31,852
      No, not traffic cone, the size of object is 6 foot x 4 foot x 3 inces so can do damage if jams under your car, but they still drive over it and this morning they're driving over it at speed :rolleyespink: so i've now gone out and put it back to where it should be

Walking another few more steps before they push hard and releazing it so the trolly goes anywhere

I must be a goody goody as i sometimes straighten up trollies :pathd:i allways take my trolly back not leeve it in the car park :pathd::pathd::pathd:and that's the free one's as well i take the one's where you have to put in a pound :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
        Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
      • Jiffy

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +31,852
        Sorry to here this Woo as it looks like it's getting out of hand there

I sure if it happerns here people will just drive over it, then will disappear into small bits :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 1
        • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
          Ratings:
          +4,411
          A bit of a stressful day yesterday. I sold one of my koi pool items on eBay. My UV sterilizer. (two items down, two to go). So I arranged to have it collected and delivered by Hermes. I've used them before.
          Big problem, my printer wasn't recognising my laptop, so I couldn't print off a label and it was being collected today. So I had to take my laptop down to my local friendly computer shop (where I bought the laptop a couple of years ago and they kindly printed off the label and sorted out my laptop. (For free).
          Printing used to be so easy with my old Epson Stylus Photo RX620, it takes six colour cartridges, (pack of 12 on e-Bay £7.70 post free). It would even convert 35m transparancies to contact prints. But that was with XP. With contact prints it just copied the photos not the back screen. Now that programme won't work on Windows 10 and I have to use a Windows programme.

I really don't see any advantages with Windows 10 over XP. It's just a big con as far as may people are concerned. Many of us wouldn't have used all the stuff on XP let alone on Windows 10.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • john558

john558 Total Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +8,274
            Totally agree Doghouse Riley. I loved Windows XP. My Windows 10 don't recognize my printer Epsom DX 7400:wallbanging:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
              Ratings:
              +85,629
              On the subject of supermarket trolleys, Morrisons around make you put a pound in them, the idea being you have to push yours into another one to get the pound back.
              Trouble is more and more are being used as mobile litter bins, so they get more and more rubbish building up in them.
              Add to that the fact that some dont have the chain attached,which has the tab on it that you need to insert in order to get your pound back.

So you end up wandering around trying to find one that does.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
                Ratings:
                +4,411
                The resolution could be to uninstall your printer. Then turn it on then get Windows 10 to search for it. It does that automatically.

I was messing with things like Epson easy photo print. It worked for a bit but then stopped so I uninstalled that.

I can manage with what I've got now as all the Epson programmes have been disabled and I'm using Microsoft's printing programme.

• Informative Informative x 1
                • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
                  Ratings:
                  +118,310
                  My computer runs quite happily on Windows 7 and I have no intention of upgrading it. I'm pretty sure that some of the software and hardware that I use would not run with W10. Some of it is 15 years old.

I don't like this trend of built in obsolescence. I had a new boiler installed this year as they couldn't get the needed part for my old one. It was only 46 years old! They tell me I'd be lucky to get ten years out of the brand new 'much better' boiler!

• Agree Agree x 3
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
                    Ratings:
                    +6,543
                    Even the police are guilty of leaving litter about as the hedges round us are full of that blue/white tape that is strung across hedges when a car has come off of the road and gone into the nearest hedge.They just get back in their cars and go back to work leaving the tape strung across the hedges and it stays there for weeks blowing in the wind.Not too sure if the tape is made of a type of material that eventually rots down like the plastic wrapper my NT magazine and others come in that can now go straight into my compost bin:biggrin:

A metal gate was used to replace a wooden gate to a field where families keep their horses/ponies and there is a bit of an entrance before you get to the gate off of the country road and within days the entrance was filled with fly tipped stuff which has stayed there for weeks and which I assume the horsey people are having to dispose of bit by bit.One of the families put a couple of posts into the ground and strung a plastic chain across the entrance which seems to have worked as no more rubbish was chucked on the pile but it is sad that people will waste fuel driving from the towns and villages out into the country to dispose of their rubbish rather than take it to the tip.:mad:I know that round us the recycling centres are shut two days a week but we store our waste stuff in the garage until the tip opens and then we pile it into the car and take it to be disposed of even if we have to queue to get rid of it.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
                      Ratings:
                      +31,177
                      Its now costing £4 per item (wash basin/loo pan ect.) to dispose of resident domestic waste here. I can envisage even more fly tipping to avoid charges,

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • shiney

Ratings:
                        +118,310
                        No cost here - so you'll have to bring it all up this way :heehee:

• alana

alana Super Gardener

Head Gardener
                        Ratings:
                        +2,618
                        We pay £84 a year for two green bins which I consider a bargain and I'm willing to pay it for the convenience. I would burn more stuff but the neighbours would complain.
                        However I've heard of bins being stolen or used to deposit other peoples rubbish. I ensure my bins are super full and taken in as soon as they've been emptied. I can do this because I'm here to do it but I do sympathise with those at work who can't.
                        Our blue and black bins are still free but fly tipping is a nuisance and one of reasons is the long queue at the recycling centre (sometimes the wait is up to an hour). I think some people see the queue and find an alternative dumping ground such as the quiet country lanes. Morons!!!!

• Like Like x 1
                        • Jiffy

Pyro
                          Ratings:
                          +31,852
                          We now can be fined £50,000 for fly tipping !! if you go to the recycling skips in car parks etc near here and the skip is full and you then leave your rubbish next to/ by the skip you can be fined £50,000 for flytipping

• Informative Informative x 1
                          • shiney

Ratings:
                            +118,310
                            You need to move down this way. All bins are free, including green ones. :blue thumb: The Council tip is free for everything and we even have a weekly bin lorry that stops in the village for an hour every week between April and November where you can take your green garden waste that doesn't fit in your bin. The driver even helps you get it from your car and into the lorry. Then he goes to the next village. :dbgrtmb:

• KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
                            +5,890
                            Or come to beautiful Worcestershire. Green and Black bins are free on a weekly collection. The tip is free and if the skips are full you can pile it up against the relevant skip.
                            If you have bulky items ( cookers/fridges/frezers/furniture etc ) you can ring the council up and they'll come and collect ( we have a pick up that comes around every day ).

• Like Like x 1
                            Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.