1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

LATEST MOAN FROM YOU AND ME - 2021

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Jan 1, 2021.

1. gks

gks Total Gardener

Production Manager
    Ratings:
    +4,578
    Was the programme called, "inside the factory" by any chance?

I posted about this programme about how different types of metals and plastics were being put in bottle banks by the general public. It would be a waste of time of having different bins for different coloured glass, some people can't differentiate metals, plastic etc etc from glass.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,995
      Yep that was the one, so lets just have one big bin for glass and one for metal and one for plastic.
      The old duvet and general crap can still be thrown around the outsides.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • gks

gks Total Gardener

Production Manager
        Ratings:
        +4,578
        But the programme showed the wagon picking up waste glass from glass bottle banks only though. If people had been putting glass only in the bins, the company wouldn't of needed different types of magnets etc etc to take out all the other rogue waste.

• Informative Informative x 1
          Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
        • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
          Ratings:
          +85,995
          Yeah, in my experience the stuff you can dump at each location is different, hence people turn up with all kinds of stuff and they aint taking it home again.
          Where I go its three different colours of glass , and clothing. No cans.:dunno:
          So the cans get chucked where ever.
          The whole system needs sorting out.

• Like Like x 1
          • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
            Ratings:
            +118,494
            I don't like doing banking online (direct debits etc. are fine) especially since they brought in two stage verification. My bank will only send the code to a mobile (don't have one) although a couple of accounts I run for charities have codes sent to my landline.

I have blocked any outgoing transactions from my personal accounts but I can transfer between them without any problem. Some years ago a 'supposed' hacker tried to move money to his account but got caught by me having put limits on movement. I think that was an internal problem in the bank :th scifD36:

I have a special phone number to call and now get them to do transactions for me. They, of course, ask some personal questions before doing it. Last month they said they had brought in voice recognition to save having to ask questions and I went through the process of saying things until their computer said it was sufficient.

I phoned up the other day and they started asking questions and I asked why they were doing it as I have voice recognition. They didn't know and put me through to that department. They checked and said that it was in the computer and should have worked. They then had the bright idea of asking me whether any of the accounts are joint accounts and I said yes. "Ah, that's the reason! The computer wouldn't know which voice it was supposed to recognise." :doh:

Stupid system! :wallbanging:

• Funny Funny x 5
            • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
              Ratings:
              +50,908
              We have glass, paper and plastic/metal bins. There are less frequent clothes bins from the Red Cross and other Charities. People put furniture/etc and tree cuttings go by the rubbish bins and small cuttings go in the bins. Trucks come around weekly to collect the furniture and tree cuttings (different trucks). The rubbish system is good here.

• Like Like x 3
              • Informative Informative x 3
                Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
              • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                Ratings:
                +30,616
                I am on hold with the broker's telephone line, listening to cheesy elevator music, and waiting for someone to pick up at their end. I held on the line for them yesterday afternoon and after 2 1/2 hours of instrumental horrors, a recording suddenly announced they were having problems and then abruptly hung up on me!

They do not have offices near me and that is why I am stuck with this nonsense.

Because they are connected to my bank, I may be forced to go in to that branch and make some nasty noises about switching banks.:mute:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
                  Ratings:
                  +118,494