1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lean to Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Ambersparkle, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Ambersparkle

Ambersparkle Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Help! I want a Lean to Greenhouse, well, I can only have a Leanto , really as the Garden is not big enough for anything bigger. I also need one that will sit next to my Shed, the only place it can be, it also gets the morning and evening sun.
    Troubleis, I need to keep costs low as am on a fixed pension, I have a lump sum saved about �£200, but it does not seem to go near the costs.
    Can anybody suggest anything please. Ambersparkle. :confused:

2. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Ambersparkle

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Bayleaf, have checked the links you gave, but nothing suitable. I really like the ELITE, Windsor, so trying to raise the wind for that!

4. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I built my own ..... A few lengths of treated timber, opaque corrugated roof sheeting, Dark Oak wax stain and some clear plastic sheeting (approx 2mm thick). Not claiming it looks brilliant, but it does the job it was intended for, size approx 6x7, and I made it as a lean-to on the rear of my brick built shed, so the greenhouse is South facing.

Material cost was around �£150.00 ..... But I don't know what someone would charge to build one.

Nathan.

5. Ambersparkle

Ratings:
    +0
    I have now given up on the idea of a Greenhouse for this year anyway, as when I rang the firm I was interested in, Greenhouse direct, they said it would be a delivery date in June! The plants need to be in situ before then, so no go.
    It has also been pointed out to me, that a Leanto Greenhouse built on to the Garden shed, would take up a good bit of my washing green.
    So am going to just use the same one I had last year �£15 from Poundstretcher, got two Tomatoe plants in, and a Cucumber. I have moved since last year, and now my back garden faces south all day, so I will probably have a go at growing some Toms ouitside as well, Scottish weather permitting! Tina .

6. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Tina

Poundstretcher in our area has been renamed 'whats in store'

they are doing a poly greenhouse similar materials to the small 3 shelf type but it is a large walk in type..at a guess I would say around 6' x 6' but don't quote me on that [​IMG] and not as tall as a glass greenhouse but a very reasonable 35.00!

7. Ambersparkle

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve,
    bought something similar from FOCUS a couple of days ago, I think it is possibly a bit bigger, but looks fine, not got it up yet, but will report on it,s properties, good or bad. Tina

8. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Let me know how you go Tina, been thinking of one of those to cope with overflow

9. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Aldi do a 1.83 x 1.83m (6'x 6')plastic one for �£29.99 - looks ok for a short term thing