1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lidl Bulbs

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Redwing, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,830
    Lots of bulbs at Lidl now at bargain prices, daffodils and tulips 8 for £1.79 or two packs for £3. Alliums, anenome blanda, crocus and lots more are £1.29 per pack, quantity varies. The range of daffs and tulips is limited but there were some I like; Ice Follies and Pheasants Eye . I bought 6 packs of daffs, 2 packs of anemone blanda and mixed alliums for about £12.50 altogether. The daffodil bulbs were all big.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Clare G

Clare G Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,731
      Yes, bulbs I have bought from them have consistently been of good quality. Their offer changes every week and hopefully will include more bulbs over the next month. Sometimes they do have more unusual things - I purchased some very exotic-looking muscari armeniacum 'Blue Spike' from them last year, as well as some jolly Van Eijk tulips.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Thanks for the Heads Up ... I plan visiting one tomorrow, which only opened last week and part of the publicity included a money off voucher through the post. I feel I know what I'll be using it towards already :heehee:

• Like Like x 3
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
          +17,487
          Sounds similar to last year Redwing when I bought a load of bulbs from Lidl. Been superb. :)

• Like Like x 1
          • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +31,885
            I went (as planned last Friday) to the newly opened Lidl.

The store is brighter than the older style, wider aisles but not so "stacked", so they seem to be restyling to be more like other supermarkets. This comes at a cost because the produce certainly seemed higher priced from when I last visited one :scratch: :dunno:

As far as the new store, its service and products go ... it isn't somewhere I would be rushing to go to again.

But: for the bulb offers, it was good to go! Bagged some hyacinths as I don't have more than two here and they came with the property! :heehee: So, a bountiful trip.