Lock up your birds

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by NigelJ, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,140
    I ended up having a heated discussion on there this week due to an idiot saying we are lockdown! We are NOT on ruddy lockdown yet! I wish people would read the information given! I think most of these hens have new homes which is fabulous sx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +8,140
      I have covered my runs, I have foot baths at the run entry points for my wellies....but my hens are still allowed to free range! :scratch: So they are walking in & our without having to wash their feet but I have to wash my wellies :scratch: .
      I've spent a small fortune on DEFRA approved disinfectant to keep my patio/run/feeders/drinkers clean but my hens can still free range?? :scratch:. Dear DEFRA please can you make up some sensible rules??? :doh:

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
        Ratings:
        +5,338
        No one up here seems to be locking their birds up. The flock down the lane is still free ranging in their field. Last year there were posters at the vets advising people what to do. No posters at the moment.

• Informative Informative x 2
        • Linz

Linz Total Gardener

Prosperous Peasant
          Ratings:
          +6,220
          If you remember I first bought hens November 2016, less than a week later bird flu reared its ugly head! However, I understood the importance of good hygiene and covering the run .. (unlike the few who openly admitted elsewhere they have kept them for years and couldn't give a toss!)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
          • Like Like x 2