1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lusitanica feed or not to feed?

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Paul4321, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Paul4321

Paul4321 Gardener

Company director
    Ratings:
    +27
    So the 9ft Portuguese Laurel has been in for couple days now and starting to look less droopy. When planted I mixed in some compost with the soil and compacted and gave a good watering. I have googled how to look after her but as with everything with asking a question in Google you get a thousand answers each contradicting each other and the same on Youtube. So can anyone offer some sound advice on watering and feeding the tree? So many questions about things I am not sure of like should the soil always be damp, should it have a good watering every day or every couple days, should I ever add a liquid feed and if so how often?

Best regards,
    Paul

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,046
    If you used some bone meal when planting, I'd just water once a week if we get no significant rain.
    That means a good soaking of the root area with a hose, making sure the water has penetrated well down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Paul4321

Paul4321 Gardener

Company director
      Ratings:
      +27
      Thanks Pete. Much appreciated.

Best regards,
      Paul