1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Mabel returns !

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by Lolimac, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night ...just got sat down for tea...Knock on the door...it was 'Mr Nasty' from backway....He asked us if it we kept chickens...in his usuall 'polite' manner...I was ready for him this time:catapult:but he called my bluff and broke into a smile :huh:
    He said one was walking around in his garden and he was scared of it and could we come and get it because he didn't know how to pick it up......
    Mr Lolimac walked back with him and while i waited noticed his wife hanging over the fence ...smiling:huh:...she had been trying to get our attention....we had quite a nice chat about chickens and she thought they were lovely....
    Turns out it was Mabel that had gone for a walk...don't know how she escaped...
    I gave them half a dozen eggs for any inconvience caused and they were as pleased as punch....turns out 'Mr nasty' has turned into 'Mr aimiable' for now ..at least...:chicken:

• Like Like x 5
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Ahh, fowls, the great levelers.

Just calmed Poppie down with Dave's Goose story from last night.

Some years back, one of my chickens got up next doors Fir tree. I couldn't see her but could hear her & had to knock on next door to get her back.

Couldn't see her from that side either so I just called "Eric?" She immediatly responded with "Bauucckk"

• Like Like x 2
      • HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
        +883
        Are you sure it was not all one big scam too get some free eggs from next door :oops:

• Like Like x 2
        • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Could have been Hydro:biggrin:....But now 'Mr Aimiable' has turned into 'Mr Nasty' again....he was hanging over the fence again yesterday (fence 8ft high plus....and he's 5ft and a penny) wanting to know what the 'noise' was all about......it was Poppy...she'd just laid an egg and then has to tell the world about it....as chickens do....she shuts up after you acknowledge her....shame he doesn't.....no eggs for Mr Nasty....unless he wants to wear them:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 3
          • HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
            +883
            Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol

• Like Like x 1